Thursday 3 May 2018

Cullingworth

Thursday 3rd May a.m.
A sunny morning though a cool start at just 6°C as I set off on a walk away from the village to the North and heading back on the West side.I went to my first location where I picked up Whitethroat, Blackcap, Willow Warbler, Chaffinch, Swallow, Pheasant and a distant Raven.Heading up the track to the edge of the moorland the adjacent field held 15 Rooks and the same Jackdaws.On the track here I saw Linnet, Meadow Pipit ,Curlew, Lapwing, Sand Martin, Reed Bunting and a distant Wheatear. I then headed back towards the village to a pond where there were Mallards, Canadas, Moorhen and overhead were c50 LBB Gulls with at least one Herring Gull.With a long but enjoyable walk a good number of birds were seen and I was soon home for a well earned rest.
Nigel.
Pheasant

Blackcap

Chaffinch


distant Curlew

LBB Gulls

Raven


distant Wheatear

Willow Warbler


LBB Gulls & at least one Herring Gull over Cullingworth 3/5/18 

No comments:

Post a Comment