Monday 26 November 2018

Local Reservoir Gull Roost

Monday 26th November p.m.
 With light starting to fade and the temperature dropping to 4°C I decided to call in at a local reservoir to see the Gulls coming in to roost.I walked alongside the dam wall watching gulls coming in joining an estimated 1,500 already present. I would say 90% of these were BH Gulls with a good number of Commons and the remainder being LBB and Herring Gulls.It was quite a spectacular sight and well worth the visit an added bonus were six Goldeneyes with one coming close to the hide for some pictures.Also a couple of Goosanders and Mallards.
 An added bonus as dusk began to fall and I made my way back to the car I saw a Barn Owl in the distance, first of the year for me.
Nigel.
Goldeneye


Record shot of distant Goldeneyes

Gulls on Dam Wall










More Gulls arriving

Local Reservoir Gull roost 26/11/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment