Sunday 9 December 2018

Rodley Nature Reserve

Sunday 9th December a.m.
 It was a beautiful sunny Winters day as I strolled to the first hide at Rodley Naturer Reserve with a temperature of 7°C.The range of ducks met expectations with Goldeneye,Gadwall,Pochard,Shoveler, Teal,Tufteds,Mallards all on show as well as Goosander and Little Grebe.
 In the nearby field Canadas and Greylags were grazing and back on the Lake Mute Swans and Cormorants were seen.I was lucky to see Kingfishers in several spots as I moved around the reserve, I think there was more than one otherwise it would have been  a very busy bird.Other birds of note were Reed Buntings,Jay and a flock of Long-tailed Tits, I had a great morning here.
Nigel.
Kingfisher




Goldeneye




Pochard



Shoveler


Teal

Gadwall

Cormorant

Little Grebe

Reed Bunting

Rodley NR 9/12/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment