Sunday 6 March 2022

Yeadon Tarn & Adel Dam NR

Sunday 6th march a.m.

A frosty start with a temperature of 2°C at Yeadon Tarn where there were Goldfinch in the trees by the car park.  The Tarn had a record count of 32 Mute Swans, Gt Crested Grebe, Greylags, Tufteds and a couple Cormorants.  As I was watching G.C.Grebe I heard a familiar piping sound, & thought that sounds like a Redshank, when I got my bins on the bird to my surprise I was right, it flew around the Tarn and then off it went. 

 I then went a few miles down the road to Golden Acre Park and made my way to the Adel Dam Nature Reserve which lies alongside the Park.  I struggled a bit here to start wading my way through the mud at Adel Dam with but when I got the Lake I saw a Mandarin Duck, Teal, Moorhens and Greylags.  As I walked round the circular path I saw a Red Kite over the reserve but looking through the trees could only get a record shot of it.  A Goldcrest moved very quickly around but with some patience I got a few pictures of it.  High in a tree was a Gt Spotted Woodpecker, and a couple of Gt Tits were seen, walking back through Golden Acre park the Lake there held Mute Swans, Tufteds, Canadas and a Little Grebe.

G.C.Grebe


Cormorant

Goldcrest



Goldfinch

GSW


Gt Tit

Little Grebe

Mandarin

Mute Swan

Red Kite

Yeadon Tarn 6/3/2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment