Friday 15 April 2022

Keighley Moor Reservoir

Friday 15th April a.m.

  I parked up at Slippery Ford with the sun out and a temperature of 10°C, I was greeted by a Willow Warbler in full voice, in the stream a Grey Wagtail briefly appeared.  As I set off on the road to The Keighley Moor Reservoir a Pied Wagtail was seen and there were plenty Curlew flying around.  I saw at least ten Wheatear as I walked and a couple of Stonechat and several Mipits.  A couple of Greylags flew over and Grouse could be heard but I didn't spot any.  At the Reservoir it was good to see I.H. on his local patch he ID a couple of birds for me and put me on to three Golden Plover flying low over the Moor. The Reservoir was quiet with just some Greylags in the grass near the water.

Wheatear



Curlew


Greylags

Mipit



Stonechat



Keighley Moor

  

No comments:

Post a Comment