Saturday 5 October 2024

Stockbridge Reserve

 Saturday 5th October a.m.

A sunny morning with a temperature of 8°C as I paid an overdue visit to the BOG Members reserve at Stockbridge in Keighley.  Here I was kept occupied by a party of Long-tailed Tits and a Kingfisher which was later joined by a second bird and they did a lap of the Lake together.  A Mute Swan was on the Lake and near to it a Little Grebe was fishing and also there were a couple of Moorhen. A couple of Reed Buntings came in to the trees and a G.S.W. paid a brief visit to the feeders, others were Jay, Gt. Tit, Blue Tit and Dunnock.  On my way home I called in to see the resident Peregrine which was at home although was preening it's feathers and had its back to me.

Kingfisher



Long-tailed Tit



Mute Swan

Reed Bunting


Blue Tit


Dunnock

Little Grebe

Peregrine


LT Tits at Stockbridge Reserve 5/10/2024


No comments:

Post a Comment