Saturday 14 March 2015

Leeshaw

Saturday 14th March a.m.
A cloudy start to the day with a temperature of 1°C on my arrival at Leeshaw Reservoir.With Danny not feeling too well I was birding on my own, the first birds seen were Canadas,Greylags,Curlew & Pheasant.I was surprised to see a male Wheatear on the dam wall the earliest I've seen one, could only manage a record picture as it stayed some distance away.Also pleased to see a pair of Redshanks, got a good ID on them & a few pics,I then went up the track to spread some Nyger seeds.
Other birds were Pied Wagtail,Oystercatcher,Lapwing,Cormorant & Wren.N.P.
Redshank


Good to see Redshanks locally again


Greylags

Curlew

Oystercatcher

Pied Wagtail

record Picture of first male Wheatear of the year

Leeshaw 14/3/2015


2 comments:

  1. Redshank & Wheaterear nice one!
    Hope Danny's feeling better soon
    Regards John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John had a good morning at Leeshaw,cold as usual though.
    Danny's doinng OK too.N.P.

    ReplyDelete