Sunday 8 January 2017

Lister Park

Sunday 8th January a.m.
 A dull cloudy morning with a temperature of 8°C on my arrival at Lister Park where I headed for the lake with an unexpected surprise.I still hadn't got the camera out of its case as I approached the lake hearing Geese but it wasn't the Canadas on the water as I looked up the sky was full of Pinkies what a magnificent sight they were.Now it was a mad rush to get the camera set up to get some record shots which thankfully I did before they disappeared.
 After calming down I concentrated on the Lake where there were the usual species I counted 29 Tufteds,there was just one Greylag and three Goosanders.There were plenty of Coots some of which were fighting a sign the breeding season is not so far off.I headed up to the stream where I saw some small birds scurrying around in the tree tops,they were Goldcrests which gave me the usual run around as I tried to get a picture.Also here there were Siskin,Bullfinch,LT Tit ,Coal Tit and other common species.It was good to see a Grey Wagtail in the stream but it was shy and didn't want its picture taking.Near here there was a flock of c25 Redwing feeding on the ground and there was a brief drum from a GSW but the bird was not seen.
 I went back down to the Lake where the Gulls had built up to c200 BH, 10 Commons and 3 Herring Gulls.Nigel.
Siskin


Goldcrest



Bullfinch

Grey Squirrel

Goosander



Coots squaring up



A bitter fight ensues

Herring Gulls

Pinkies


Pinkies fill the sky over Lister Park 8/1/2017

2 comments: