Sunday 1 January 2017

Redcar Tarn

Sunday 1st January p.m.
A wet start to 2017 which delayed my first venture out until a brighter afternoon with some sunshine but feeling cold when I arrived at Redcar Tarn at just 3°C.A good welcome with a flock of c 250 Lapwings flying around moving from one field to another.Also a high number of Gulls with c200 BH Gulls making the majority with Commons,LBBs and Herrings also on show.Rooks were in the trees then on the ground near the car park six showed up, there were eight Muscovys ,c100 Mallards,15 Tufteds, 85 Canadas along with Coot and Moorhen.I then spotted a male Goosander which I missed on my first circuit maybe flew in when I was looking elsewhere anyway I just got a record shot before it flew off.Anyway it was worth braving the cold to see the birds and with some low late afternoon sunshine it was good for pictures so here are a selection and get 2017 off to a good start.
Nigel.
Rook


Muscovy Duck

Odd Ball Duck

Lapwing


Tufted Duck


Canadas flying over Gulls

Common Gull

Common Gull 1st winter

Goosander

Herring Gull


LBB Gull


Plenty of Lapwings

Looking Good even in silhouette

A good variety of species

Redcar Tarn 1/1/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment