Monday 17 April 2017

Cullingworth and Hewenden Reservoir

Monday 17th April a.m.
 A temperature of 4°C as I set off but feeling much warmer in the absence of a strong wind with a dull sky above making my way to the viaduct seeing a Willow Warbler and GSW on the way.The reservoir was quiet seeing just Canadas,Mallards and a couple of distant Cormorants.Others seen as I made my way round the reservoir were Pied Wagtail,Coal Tit,Grey Heron flying over,a couple more GSWs and Kestrel.As I made my way back on the other side of the res a couple of Oystercatchers flew past then near the farm it was great to see my first Swallows of the year and a single Linnet.A Song Thrush was belting out a tune which I could hear all morning and I finished up with a couple of Mistle Thrushes.
Swallow


Pied Wagtail


Starling


Blue Tit

Chaffinch

Linnet

Mistle Thrush

Willow Warbler


Distant Cormorants Hewenden reservoir 17/4/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment