Monday 21 January 2019

Dowley Gap/Hirst Wood

Monday 21st January a.m.
A reasonable morning with some brightness but still cold with a temperature of 1°C, I started well near the car park with Redwing,Reed Bunting,Bullfinch,Goldfinch and Greenfinch.On the canal I soon caught up with the Kingfisher on its usual stretch which has been a banker for me recently, can never stop taking pictures though of this little treasure.There were two Chiffchaffs giving me the run around as I tried for a picture near the water works which held c75 Pied Wagtails and two distant Grey Wagtails.Also here Dunnock and Wren, further along I saw LT Tit and Nuthatch in Hirst Wood and five Goosanders on the River Aire. I doubled Back going across the bridge and headed for the boathouse at the side of the River seeing another Goosander, Grey Herons,Canadas,Greylags,BH Gulls and Herring Gulls before heading back to the car.
Nigel.
Chiffchaff


Kingfisher



Pied Wagtail

Redwing


Reed Bunting

Robin

BH & Herring Gull

Canada & Greylag

Goosander


Someones in the dog house

Grey Heron

Dowley Gap/River Aire 21/1/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment