Monday 22 April 2019

Keighley Moor Reservoir

Monday 22nd April a.m.
 The sunshine keeps coming with a temperature of 9°C as I parked up at Slippery Ford where I started off with Grey Wagtail and a couple of Willow Warblers. I set off towards Keighley Moor Reservoir with plenty of Curlews and Mipits seen on the long slog to the Reservoir where I started off with a Wagtail which is possibly a White but I'm not sure.On the water were a pair of Tufteds with Mallards with chicks and Greylags with goslings. Good to catch up with the birding regulars on their home patch and even kinder of I.H. to show me a Dunlin through his scope and then pick out a Merlin for me. Others here with water levels dropping were Common Sandpiper, Redshank, Lapwing, LRP and fly pasts from Golden Plover. Also in the distance a Buzzard and SEO were seen, a Red Grouse came down to the water for a drink, at least four LBB Gulls were around, a single Wheatear was seen and a Cuckoo was calling in the distance.
 On my way back down a Reed Bunting was in a tree then a bird flashed past showing a flash of orange, which I would say was a Redstart, but I couldn't be 100 per cent so will have to let that one go. It was near to where Ring Ouzels have been seen in the past following the lower tree line, a Mistle Thrush was my last bird from an excellent morning.
Wheatear


Possible White Wagtail

Curlew


Grey Wagtail

LBB Gulls

LRP

LRP & LBB Gull

Mallard with chicks


Mistle Thrush

Red Grouse having a drink

Tufteds

Greylag with goslings

Keighley Moor Reservoir 22/4/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment