Monday 15 April 2019

Leeming Reservoir

Monday 15th April a.m.
 Another cloudy dull cold start to the morning so I set off to Leeming Reservoir later as the sun started to emerge and the temperature had risen to 8°C.It was good to see my first two House Martins of the year being buffeted by the strong blustery wind as were four Sand Martins and four Swallows. There were several Mipits around and as I made along the new hardcore footpath I saw five Tufteds at the far end of the reservoir.A Grey Wagtail posed well for me as did Blue Tit and Robin and coming back to the overflow a Pied Wagtail showed.The morning was rounded off well when a pair of Redshanks landed in the overflow area.
Grey Wagtail





Pied Wagtail



Redshank



Robin

Tufted Duck

Blue Tit

Mipit

This metal bird was over Haworth

Leeming Reservoir 15/4/2019


No comments:

Post a Comment