Tuesday 5 May 2020

Doe Park Reservoir

Tuesday 5th May a.m.
 A good start to the morning with some sunshine and a temperature of 5°C, heading for Doe Park Reservoir it was good to see three returning Swifts as I went across Hewenden Viaduct. When I reached the Reservoir there were a couple of Swallows on a fence long enough for a picture and a couple of Grey Wagtails were just below the Dam wall.
 Further on I went in to Denholme Clough where I saw a couple of Whitethroats, Chiffchaff, Willow Warblers and a Deer in the distance. Heading back to the Reservoir I saw my first Common Sandpiper of the year and there were three Sand Martins flying over the water. Other seen heading back home were Cormorant, Mallard and Pheasant.
Swallow


Whitethroat



Common Sandpiper


Cormorant

Deer

Grey Wagtail


Mallard

Pheasant

Denholme Clough

Doe Park Reservoir 5/5/2020


No comments:

Post a Comment