Monday 7 September 2015

Denholme Clough to Doe Park Reservoir

Monday 7th September a.m.
 A bright start to the day with early morning sunshine with a temperature of 12°C, clouding over though during my walk. It was a quiet start to the walk with only a couple of common species seen until I got past the old railway bridge where things livened up.Here was a mixed flock of birds including Blue Tit,LT Tit & Willow Warbler, then further along the track was a charm of Goldfinch.
With the Goldfinch there was a couple of Siskin also feeding on the Thistle seeds, which has been noted on nearby Soil Hill recently. Further along as I looked over Doe Park Reservoir a bird appeared in a nearby tree, it was a Whinchat, not seen one for sometime, I think it was a female though looking a little untidy.The bird moved down to some of the vegetation for a couple of snaps before flying off into a tree some distance away.I took the path down to the edge of the reservoir which was very quiet apart from a Cormorant & a Moorhen. Then I re-located the Whinchat getting a few more pics in the tree & lower in the Thistles.I started heading back & saw a Grey Wagtail, it had a rose colour to its chest which I've not noticed before with this species.Walking back through the Clough a Kestrel,Jays & Swallows were seen.N.P.
female Whinchat


Whinchat on the Thistles




Goldfinch on the Thistle seeds

Siskin & Goldfinch


Grey Wagtail


Looking back through Denholme Clough

Denholme Clough 7/9/15

No comments:

Post a Comment