Monday 26 August 2019

Cullingworth & Hewenden Reservoir

Monday 26th August a.m.
A foggy start to the morning so I set off a bit later than usual with the temperature just 13°C seeing a flock of House Sparrows and Starlings in the mist.By the time I got to to Hewenden viaduct the mist was lifting and soon after it cleared leaving bright sunshine.There was a Kestrel on a pole in the distance, BH Gulls were on the Dam Wall and a Cormorant and Mute Swan could also be seen.I could just make out a Kingfisher before I moved on seeing Swallows,Goldfinch and a Herring Gull down Station Road.
 I went through the wood and the pond in the old quarry had a Little Grebe I was now seeing more Butterflies in the bright sunshine including Speckled Wood,Small Copper,Large White and Wall Brown.In addition I saw three Common Blue Damselflies nearing the farm I could make out a couple of Grey Wagtails near the reservoir overflow and a Pied Wagtail flew over with House Martins over the reservoir and more Goldfinch were feeding on the Thistle Seeds.
Swallow Juv

Swallow Adult

Goldfinch


Herring Gull

House Sparrow

Kestrel

Spot the Kingfisher

Kingfisher on the railing around 100m distance

Mute Swan

Large White

Small Copper

Speckled Wood

Wall Brown


Common Blue Damselfly

The mist starting to clear over Hewenden Reservoir

Hewenden in the sunshine 26/8/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment