Sunday 4 August 2019

Denholme Clough to Doe Park Reservoir

Sunday 4th August a.m.
 A warm sunny start to the morning with a temperature of 18°C as I set off through Denholme Clough heading for Doe Park Reservoir.A quiet start but things got moving further along the Clough as Willow Warblers and Whitethroats came in to view, also Jays and Bullfinch.Goldfinch were on the Thistle seeds then I spotted a different bird which flew from the Marsh Grass into a patch of Brambles.I got the bins on it and was surprised to see a Sedge Warbler which are few and far between in the local area so I was chuffed to see it.As I came nearer the reservoir a bird with a flash of orange appeared in the top of a tree, a Redstart another good bird for me so a great morning.
 On the Reservoir there were several Canadas and a distant Cormorant, heading back I added Blackcap, Green Woodpecker,Wren and Swallows.
 Plenty butterflies around again including Comma, Painted Lady, Small Copper, Large Skipper, Peacock and Meadow Brown.
Sedge Warbler




Redstart


Whitethroat

Willow Warbler

Wren

Jay

Comma

Large Skipper

Meadow Brown

Peacock

Small Copper

Denholme Clough

Doe Park Reservoir 4/8/2019

2 comments:

  1. Brilliant Nigel.
    2 cracking birds and photos!
    Well done.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks John, I was pleased to get some good birds, seems a long time since my last ones.

    ReplyDelete