Saturday 24 August 2019

Denholme Clough to Doe Park Reservoir

Saturday 24th August a.m.
 A bright sunny morning with a start temperature of 17°C as I made my way through the Clough. I didn't see many birds for a while then a couple of Blackcaps and Willow Warblers started me off well then the highlight of the morning as I approached the tunnel under the old railway line a couple of Spotted Flycatchers and above on the fence line in the distance a Wheatear. Through the tunnel and at the other side a Whitethroat was seen and another couple of Spotted Flycatchers and a couple of Jays.At the reservoir there was a Coot, Moorhen and Cormorant until 53 Canadas flew in to join them.
Spotted Flycatcher






Distant Wheatear

Willow Warbler

Jay

Painted Lady

Canadas arriving

Doe Park Reservoir 24/8/2019

2 comments:

  1. You are doing well along Denholme Clough Nigel.
    Great birds and photos.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I've had some luck at Denholme Clough John, thanks for comment.
    Nigel.

    ReplyDelete