Sunday 28 July 2013

Redcar Tarn

Sunday 28th July a.m.
 After a night of heavy rain we set off a little later than usual to Redcar Tarn where the
temperature was 15.5°C with a blustery wind blowing.We came with the hope of seeing
the Med Gull which has been reported here over the last week but despite our efforts we
did not manage to find it.Still all the usual birds were present in good numbers, there was
an Oystercatcher among the Mallards on the island. A Curlew appeared from somewhere
& did a lap of the Tarn before flying off towards the SW.
BH Gull Juv

Common Gull

Coot,Common Gull & BH Gull Juv

Oystercatcher & Mallards

Canada

Redcar Tarn
  

1 comment:

  1. Hard luck on the Med gull boys. At least its made me feel better as I nearly went over there instead of TMR this tea time but then thought it was a long way to go if I dipped which I now know I would have done.

    ReplyDelete