Friday 2 January 2015

Mixenden Res

Friday 2nd January a.m.
 My dad decided to have a quick visit to Mixenden Reservoir before we went to Yeadon Tarn, must have been some good birds there because we set off later than planned.Here is his report, sunny on arrival at Mixenden Reservoir I soon caught sight of the Great Northern Diver which has stayed longer than anybody expected.There were also a pair of Goosanders near the trees which I think soon left as I headed down passed the trees hoping for a decent picture of the GND.I saw a fellow birder who got some good views of the bird through his scope he also put me on to a Grey Wagtail as it flew passed me,so thanks to him.I was distracted by some LT Tits & a Coal Tit as I walked down then I got a couple of decent pictures of the Diver.I was also delighted to see a small flock of Goldcrests, a Treecreeper was also seen & a GSW which was too quick for a good picture.A Robin was also watching me wondering what all the fuss was about.All in all a great visit rounded off by a Kestrel perched on a distant tree which flew off as I approached camera range.Danny's report on Yeadon Tarn to follow N.P.
Goldcrest


Great Northern Diver


Coal Tit

LT Tit



GSW a bit too quick for me

Treecreeper

Robin keeping an eye on me

Long staying Great Northern Diver

Some early sunshine

Mixenden Reservoir 2/1/15

No comments:

Post a Comment