Friday 7 February 2014

Cromwell Bottom NR

Friday February 7th p.m.
 I had an afternoon to spare so decided to go to Cromwell Bottom NR aka Elland
gravel pits whilst Danny was at school.It was a mild afternoon with a temperature
of 5.5°C but sunny spells were interrupted by showers which made photography more
difficult.Still I managed a couple of birds for our annual list in the form of Siskin & Lesser
Redpoll at the bird feeding area.This has been much transformed by local volunteers since
our last visit with benches & viewing screens.Well done to all concerned & a thank you
from me for giving me and I'm sure many others the chance to get pictures or just enjoy
watching the birds that visit.
 Others I saw included Great,Blue,Coal & LT Tits,Bullfinch,Chaffinch & Robin....N.P.
Siskin



Lesser Redpoll



Blue Tit

LT Tit
male Bullfinch

female Bullfinch

pair of Bullfinches

Lesser Redpoll










No comments:

Post a Comment