Sunday 30 July 2017

Lister Park

Sunday 30th July a.m.
After some early morning rain it slowly brightened up and by the time I pulled up in the car at Lister Park the temperature was 13°C.I headed for the Lake where there were c125 Canadas on the grass, just two Greylags with them, BH Gulls,LBB Gulls,Coot ,Moorhen,Mallards and Tufted Ducks.It was good to see four female Tufteds with broods of small chicks of 3,3,3 and 2 all zipping about and diving for food.There was an element of danger for them with a Grey Heron nearby which flew off as I walked past it.A couple of Grey Wagtails were on the path and as I walked alongside the stream higher in the Park I saw a Dipper.Others seen in the garden/woodland area were Nuthatch,LT Tit and Willow Warbler which I think was a first for me at Lister Park.
Nigel.
Nuthatch


Grey Heron

BH Gull Juv

Grey Wagtail

LBB Gull

LBB Gull Juv

LT Tit

Moorhen

female Tufted Duck

Tufted Duck with chicks

Tufted Duck chick


Diving for food

Willow Warbler

Canadas

Lister Park 30/7/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment