Sunday 16 July 2017

Yeadon Tarn

Sunday 16th July a.m.
 A cloudy start to the morning with heavy cloud,fog on the tops and drizzle so a delayed start arriving at Yeadon Tarn mid morning with clearing skies the sun starting to break through and a temperature of 16°C.As I approached the Tarn I could see a good number of Mute Swans I eventually counted twenty(yellow 437,Red 515) but my attention quickly switched as a Common Tern flew past me.I soon saw a second and the camera was quickly shooting to get some flight pictures.This is a difficult task with a bridge camera but out of a few hundred taken I got some decent ones.I then saw a juvenile on the wooden break waters and in all got a count of four birds.Fortunately they rested from time to time on posts in the water so I could get some pictures of them.It was wonderful to watch them for a good half an hour as they fished and flew round the Tarn.
 There were other birds which included Gt C. Grebe,Canadas,Greylag,Swift,Swallow,House Martin, Sand Martin,Starling.Kestrel,Reed Bunting,Goldfinch and Starling.There was also the bonus of a Red Kite seen on Hawksworth Moor on my way to Yeadon.
Nigel.
Common Tern





Common Tern Juvenile

BH Gull Juvenile

Common Terns and BH Gull

Canadas

Large Fish

GC Grebe

Mute Swans

Starling

Yeadon Tarn 16/7/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment