Wednesday 24 April 2013

Leighton Moss Black-tailed Godwits

From Tuesday April 23rd a.m.
 The highest number of an individual species seen on my visit to the RSPB Nature Reserve
at Leighton Moss was the Black-tailed Godwit. I saw them first from the Allen hide in two
large groups, very difficult to estimate how many , I would say 750+ looking fantastic as they
come into their breeding plumage.When I moved to the Eric Morecambe hide I was even closer
to them, then something spooked them & they lifted, circled on mass then came back down as
one  large flock.What a treat to see this awesome sight making my trip well worth it, here are some
of the pictures I took. NP.
Black-tailed Godwits








A wonderful spectacle of Black-tailed Godwits

4 comments:

  1. Great stuff, I'm not sure I've ever seen so many Blackwits together like that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing sight Nigel, beats the 1 every 5 years in our area.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant,,,would love to see that................

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comments,pleased you all liked the pictures, we live in hope that a few of the Godwits might come our way soon.NP.

    ReplyDelete