Saturday 1 July 2017

Stockbridge Nature Reserve

Saturday 1st July a.m.
 A cloudy start but dry with a reasonable temperature of 14°C as I pulled up at the BOG members Stockbridge Nature Reserve.The first bird seen was a Swift overhead and a couple of Collared Doves near the entrance, from the hide I could see two Grey Herons, these were later joined by a third.A male Blackcap was singing and soon I spotted near the hide eating Raspberries, it was soon joined by three Juveniles.A GSW flew past in the distance landing in a distant tree giving me a decent view, an Oystercatcher also flew over.Three Bullfinches came near the hide but I was too slow to get a picture on each occasion.There was a Song Thrush singing which I managed to get a view of and a Robin appeared looking tatty as it was moulting.Other birds seen included Mallard,Moorhen,Coal Tit,Reed Bunting,Greenfinch,Grey Wagtail,Woodpigeon and Wren.
Nigel.
Male Blackcap



Juvenile Blackcap



Greenfinch

Grey Heron

Moulting Robing

Woodpigeon

Stockbridge NR 1/7/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment