Saturday 11 November 2017

Park Dam

Saturday 11th November a.m.
After my visit to Harold Park I went the short distance down the road to Park Dam where the sun was shining and the temperature remained at 7°C.As I approached the Lake it looked bleak with a first scan showing few birds except a couple of Coots and a distant Gt C. Grebe.Then with the bins I found several Goosanders on the far side of the Lake and then I spotted a Little Grebe always pleasing to see this bird.It wasn't long before there were three of them then a look up on to the overhead Pylon wires where there were three Cormorants.Then reinforcements came in the shape of Goosanders landing on the water giving a total of 17 birds.The morning was rounded off when eight Mute Swans (probably from Harold Park) did a couple of circuits of the Lake.
Nigel.
Little Grebe




Cormorant


Gt C.Grebe

Grey Heron

Goosanders


Mute Swans



Park Dam 11/11/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment