Sunday 17 February 2019

Rodley NR

Sunday 17th February a.m
 By the time I arrived at Rodley Nature Reserve it was a bit warmer at 9°C with some sunny spells, where I started off with a couple of Oystercatchers near the River Aire.I moved to the first hide overlooking the Lake where it was noticeable most of the vegetation had been removed from the islands.On the island there were three Cormorants, further along I got Gadwall, Teal, Wigeon, Tufteds and Pochards.I heard the drumming of a Great Spotted Woodpecker while I was in one hide and I came out finding it in a nearby tree, also seeing LT Tit, Reed Bunting,Song Thrush and Bullfinch.
The next hide Brought the highlight of the morning when a pair of Kingfishers landed in a distant tree staying for a while.
Nigel.
GSW

Kingfisher


Pair of Kingfishers

LT Tit

Oystercatcher


Reed Bunting

Song Thrush

Teal

Wigeon

Gadwall


Pair of Kingfishers at Rodley NR 17/2/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment