Saturday 17 October 2020

Dowley Gap

 Saturday 17th October a.m.

 A cloudy morning but feeling Okay with a temperature of 8°C as I walked by the side of the canal at Dowley Gap.  A look down at the waterworks provided c50 BH Gulls and a Herring Gull.  In the filter beds there were ten Pied Wagtails and a Grey Wagtail.  Walking over the Aqueduct LT Tits could be seen in the trees nearby as I then headed through Hirst Wood to the River Aire. Here a Cormorant, three Goosanders and several Mallards could be seen at the side of the River.  Following the path alongside the river I saw a Kingfisher perched in the distance but as I tried to focus the camera a flash of blue was all I got as it departed.  Coming back across the Aqueduct I saw another Kingfisher fly under following the River. Also here a couple of Jays were seen carrying nuts no doubt storing them for the Winter.

Cormorant

Goosander



Grey Wagtail


Herring & BH Gulls

Cormorant & Goosander

Hirst Wood 17/10/2020

  

No comments:

Post a Comment