Monday 15 January 2024

St Ives, Bingley

 Monday 15th January p.m.

A cold Winter afternoon with the sun low in the sky the temperature was 2°C as I headed for the Cppice Pond.  Here there were three adult Mute Swans and six juveniles along with the usual selection of BH Gulls, Mallards and Moorhens.  I then headed along the footpath and notice a lot of trees had been cut down, as I went towards Heather Park the scene was of total destruction with many trees gone from the hillside. Further along I spotted a Sparrowhawk on top of a wall about fifteen yards away, the closest I've ever been to one.  Others seen were Goldcrest, Nuthatch, Blue Tit and Robin.

Sparrowhawk 



Goldcrest

Nuthatch

BH Gulls

Mute Swan

Mute Swan juveniles



Destruction on the hillside




Coppice Pond St Ives, Bingley 15/1/2024





No comments:

Post a Comment