Monday 25 April 2011

Low Wood Keighley

Monday 25th April mid morning.
     After our earlier trip to the Tarn we went to Low Wood in Keighley this is a
Nature Reserve run by the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust. It was now brightening up
with the sun out and  the temperature up to 14°C as we walked along the cannal
path which is used by many bike riders. We saw afew Mallards on the cannal with
chicks and heard Warblers and Chiffchaff. I also heard another bird singing nearby
I looked high in the tree but could not see it, as I moved down the tree it was just
infront of me, I think it was a Blackcap, sadly it didn't hang around for a snap.
   We moved back accross the cannal and went in to the wood which was full of
Bluebells, a wonderfull sight and a good end to our morning.

Mallard with chicks

Bluebells from the cannal path

Bluebells in the wood

Wonderfull Bluebells
 

No comments:

Post a Comment