Thursday 8 March 2018

Hewenden Reservoir

Thursday 8th March p.m.
We had another 4 inch of snow to deal with this morning but by late morning the sun was out and the thaw was well under way with a temperature of 4°C.I decided to make use of some descent weather this afternoon and pay another visit to Hewenden Reservoir where Mistle Thrush,Robin and Blue Tits were the first birds seen.On the Reservoir I counted thirteen Cormorants and on the dam wall were a selection of Gulls including BH,Common and LBB. A walk along the footpath past the farm took me to the top end where I had a better view and counted six Goosander, seven Goldeneye, two Mute Swans, two Tufteds and a Teal. There were also c50 Canadas and I gave these a close search through and I was glad I did finding a Barnacle Goose among them and soon after spotting a second.This put a spring in my step as I trudged back through the melting snow and home.
Nigel.
Barnacle Geese



Canada and Barnacle Goose

Cormorant


Goldeneye

Mistle Thrush

LBB Gulls among the BH and Commons

Goosander



six Goldeneye


seven Goldeneye

Hewenden Reservoir Birds

Hewenden Reservoir 8/3/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment