Saturday 25 August 2018

Harden Moor

Saturday 25th August a.m.
 A bright sunny start with a temperature of 8°C on Harden Moor where I started off by finding the Little Owl in its usual spot.Then I followed my usual route soon finding Whitethroat and Willow Warbler with a Robin close by.Then I came to a mixed flock of birds which included Blue Tit, Chaffinch, Bullfinch, Greenfinch and Goldfinch.Overhead were several Swallows flying around I also found another juvenile Bullfinch eating berries but it was soon chased off by a Song Thrush.A decent morning but no good migrants were seen as I hoped for so I decided to try another spot.
 I went to the local reservoir which has restricted access to BOG members only and my efforts were rewarded with a Wheatear which posed on the reservoir wall for a picture.
Nigel.
Juvenile Bullfinch


Song Thrush

Dunnock

Goldfinch

Little Owl

Whitethroat

Willow Warbler


Wheatear at local Reservoir


No comments:

Post a Comment