Saturday 22 December 2018

Dowley Gap

Saturday 22nd December a.m.
 A cloudy start with a temperature of 8°C as I made my way alongside the canal and looking across at the water works there were c100 BH Gulls and two Herring Gulls.It then started to rain and as I turned round to look at the canal there was a Kingfisher perched just in front of me.With the rain now heavier the camera had to stay in its case but the Kingfisher didn't mind the rain, it dived into the water coming up with a small fish.I watched for a while hoping it was just a passing shower but no such look so I moved on.
 I didn't find some shelter until I got to the railway bridge that crosses the river I stayed here until the rain eventually eased.Walking back to the water works there were c75 Pied Wagtails, I spotted just one Grey Wagtail but was pleased to see a Chiffchaff, a Dunnock posed for a picture.When I got back to the canal the kingfisher was still present so I was able to get some pictures.
 I walked through the wood at the other side of the River seeing 12 Grey Heron,Jay,Goosander and a flock of 15 Siskin before heading back to the car.
Nigel.
Kingfisher





Chiffchaff

Dunnock

Goosander

Grey Heron


Jay

Pied Wagtail

Siskin

Fast flowing River Aire

Rainbow over Dowley Gap 22/12/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment