Friday 7 June 2019

Swillington Ings

Friday 7th June a.m.
 An early start this morning travelling to Swillington Ings where it was sunny with a temperature of 8°C.I started off with a Little Egret flying over near the car park, entering the reserve the noise from the BH Gulls was very loud with in excess of 1,000 birds across the site.
 Astley Lake was my first stop after seeing a couple of Willow Warblers and Cetti's Warblers on the way. Many birds here including Common Tern, Gadwall, Mute Swan, Cormorant, Tufteds, Pochard and a single Whooper Swan.
 As I made my way around the reserve I saw several Sedge Warblers and Reed Warblers and overhead there were c100 Swift, a single Buzzard was also seen.Others seen were Black-necked Grebe, Linnet, Lapwing, Goldfinch, Chaffinch, Reed Bunting, GC Grebe and Shelduck.
 As I was heading back I saw a couple of small birds low down in the Reeds, they were light coloured so as I brought the bins up to get a proper look I was expecting Reed Warbler but no they were Bearded Tits a first for me here.
Reed Warbler


Sedge Warbler


Cetti's Warbler

Bearded Tit

Whooper Swan

Common Tern


GC Grebe with chick

Linnet

Mute Swan with cygnets

Pochard

Pochard with chicks

Reed Bunting

BH Gull chick

Swillington Ings 7/6/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment