Sunday 27 October 2019

Hewenden Reservoir and Goit Stock Wood

Sunday 27th October a.m.
 A bright sunny morning as I set off towards Hewenden Reservoir with a temperature of 5°C. I set off with a few target birds in mind these being Redwing, Fieldfare and Wigeon alas none were seen and birds in general gave me the slip this morning.The best I could muster were Pheasant, Coot, Robin, Cormorant, Pied Wagtail and two Grey Wagtails flying over.
 I decided to try for a different bird and headed to Goit Stock Wood in search of a Dipper and again came up empty with just a Nuthatch seen.The walk alongside the fast flowing Hallas Beck was enjoyable, and the Waterfall is always good to see, the best I can say is I had a good long walk.
Robin

Coot

Pheasant

Pied Wagtail

Hallas Beck


Waterfall


Hewenden Reservoir 27/10/2019
 

No comments:

Post a Comment