Monday 9 December 2019

Cromwell Bottom NR


Monday 9th December a.m.
 At last a bright sunny morning so I decided on a trip to Cromwell Bottom Nature Reserve near Elland where on arrival the temperature was 7°C. I had a walk along to the weir but only saw a couple of Mallards on the River Calder, so I went to the bird feeding area. Here there were numerous Blue Tits, Great Tits, Coal Tits, LT Tits, Bullfinch, Chaffinch and Nuthatch. In addition there was a few Reed Buntings, I had a spell here trying to get a decent picture of the Coal Tits, they were a bit too quick for me most of the time but I didn't do too badly. A walk on to the canal gave me a view of the Ski Lake where I saw at least five Goosanders and three Cormorant, another Coal Tit was in a tree and a Treecreeper tempted me briefly to get a picture, but I was too slow again.
Reed Bunting



Bullfinch



Coal Tit




Nuthatch

Blue Tit

Great Tit

Goosander

Robin & Bullfinch

Coal Tit & Gt Tit squabbling
Coal Tit at Cromwell Bottom NR 9/12/2019

No comments:

Post a Comment