Sunday 26 February 2017

Cullingworth and Hewenden Reservoir

Sunday 26th February a.m.
 A dull overcast morning with a temperature of 6°C as I made my way through the village seeing a good number of common species on the way.As I approached the Great Northern Trail I spotted Redwings in a nearby field which flew into a tree, there were c25 of them,also two Mistle Thrush joined them and a Song Thrush was nearby. I made my way on to Hewenden Viaduct from where I could see two Oystercatchers on the dam wall.Others here BH, Common and Herring Gull,Pheasant, Jackdaw and Canadas.As I walked through the woods I heard a Green Woodpecker calling and also saw a distant GSW and a Sparrowhawk flew over.
 Coming back as I crossed Milking Hole Beck I spotted a Dipper which I was able to get a couple of pictures of.From my usual view point of the top end of the reservoir I saw two Wigeon,a Teal, four Tufted Ducks and five Moorhen.Whilst I was here a Goldcrest appeared in front of me and soon after I got my first Treecreeper of the year.The footpath heading towards the farm was a boggy mess but I ploughed on through it, passed the horses and getting the usual Pied Wagtails at the farm before heading home.
Nigel.
Dipper


Goldcrest

Pheasant

Redwing

Treecreeper

Great Tit

Oystercatchers

Pied Wagtail

Robin

Song Thrush

male Wigeon

female Wigeon

Dipper

Hewenden Reservoir 26/2/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment