Saturday 18 February 2017

Lower Laithe & Leeshaw Reservoirs

Saturday 18th February a.m.
 A cloudy start but feeling mild with a temperature of 7°C as I headed for Leeshaw Reservoir. I decided to take the slightly longer route through Haworth so I could check the Lower Laithe Reservoir first. I was glad I did as there were three Oystercatchers on the valve tower area, so I parked up and walked down the hill to get some pics.The bad bit is walking back up the hill, there were Canadas, Mallards and Greylags on the water and in the surrounding fields I saw a Kestrel,Pheasant,Jackdaws and eleven Rooks.
 I moved on to Leeshaw where there was also three Oystercatchers but on a distant wall so no pics, there was a pair of Goosanders and a Cormorant on the water.In a nearby fields were c25 Canadas, c50 Starlings and 68 Lapwings.It was also good to see ten Mipits and three distant Curlew fly past, then in flew 47 Greylags some going to the water and the rest joining the Canadas.As it was time to go I but the camera back in its case and was about to get into the car when nine Curlew flew past just in front of me, Doh!
Nigel.
Oystercatcher at Lower Laithe Res





Mipit at Leeshaw

Cormorant and Goosanders

Distant Curlew over the Moors

Lapwings

Here come the Greylags




Three Oysterctchers at Lower Laithe Res

Lower Laithe Res 18/2/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment