Saturday 4 February 2017

Leeshaw Reservoir

Saturday 4th February a.m.
 A cloudy start up at Leeshaw Reservoir and feeling bitterly cold with a temperature of 2°C but my spirits soon lifted when I saw a returning Oystercatcher in the distance on the dam wall and a couple of Cormorants on the tower.There were Greylags and Canadas in the surrounding fields then a familiar call as a Curlew flew past in to a field.I off course followed up the track and found it, another returning bird and another first for this year. Higher in a distant field was a mixed flock of Fieldfare and Starling, I turned back and had a look for Little Owl but no joy today then back to the car and I noticed two Goosanders had appeared so a quick picture then back in to the car to try and warm up as I headed for Leeming Reservoir,details to follow.....
Nigel.
Returning Curlew



Canadas

Cormorant

Goosander

Greylags

Returning Oystercatcher, Leeshaw 4/2/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment