Saturday 4 February 2017

Leeming Reservoir

Saturday 4th February a.m.
 When I arrived at Leeming Reservoir the temperature had risen slightly to 3°C but felt much warmer with the sun coming out and more shelter from the wind.My view of the valve tower provided me with the second Oystercatcher of the morning along with BH and Common Gulls, one of which was ringed with 1811 white numbers on a green background.Walking round there were some usual species such as Mallards on the water with a good addition of a pair of Goosanders. A Chaffinch, Song Thrush,Jackdaws,Rooks and others were added to the list.
Nigel.
Oystercatcher



Common Gulls (Tag 1811)


male Goosander

female Goosander

Goosander pair

Mallards

Song Thrush

male Chaffinch

Leeming

Leeming Reservoir 4/2/2017

 

4 comments:

  1. Oystercatcher - spring's here - nice one Nigel.
    I am a great fan of Leemimg - have you had Kingfisher there?
    I've had one, once!

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi John thanks for the comment.
    I have had a Kingfisher where the overflow goes down to start the stream, I always look here as I go on the approach road alongside the dam wall.Mostly I draw a blank but beside the Kingfisher I have seen Dipper and Grey Wagtail here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The BHG to the left of the Oyk also has a leg ring if you have any more pics of it. Im looking in to the Common gull ring .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well spotted Brian , I didn't see the BH Gull leg ring so only the distant picture I'm afraid.
    It would be great if you can get any info on the Common Gull though.N.P.

    ReplyDelete