Saturday 17 June 2017

Yeadon Tarn

Saturday 17th June a.m.
A cloudy but warm start to the day with a temperature of 18°C as I headed to Yeadon Tarn, as I headed over Otley Chevin I spotted a Red Kite in the distance.I managed to pull in to the side of the road set the camera up and get a few pictures as it went close by then off in to the distance.
 When I arrived at Yeadon Tarn the first thing I noticed was c30 Canadas and a single Greylag on the water with two Gt C. Grebes nearby.There were Swifts,Swallows and House Martins above the water and near the airport Reed Bunting,Goldfinch and Dunnock were seen.I walked round the Tarn counting 20 Mute Swans(Tags seen were Yellow 437,Red 512Y,513Y,515Y,517Y and 520Y), there was just a couple of Tufted Ducks.There was a Mistle Thrush looking for food on the grass and a Chiffchaff was singing as I approached the Car Park a Grey Wagtail rounded off a good morning.
Nigel.
Grey Wagtail


Red Kite



Coot Juv

Coot with chick

Goldfinch Juv

Gt C. Grebe

Mistle Thrush



Mute Swan


Yeadon Tarn 17/6/2017

No comments:

Post a Comment