Sunday 28 October 2018

Rodley Nature Reserve

Sunday 28th October a.m.
 I decided to pay a long overdue visit to Rodley Nature Reserve where it was sunny with a temperature of 6°C.This reserve is a stronghold for Gadwall ducks and there were a good number on show as well as Wigeon,Shoveler,Tufted and Teal.Also seen were Grey Heron,Little Grebe BH and Common Gulls.I made my way up to the hide overlooking the bird feeding area which was unusually quiet with just a Chaffinch on show, however a Reed Bunting made a brief appearance to make the long walk worth while.I headed back seeing a couple of distant Buzzards overhead, then calling back in to the other hides where I got the highlight of the morning getting a Kingfisher in a couple of them as it moved around the reserve.
Nigel.
Kingfisher




Little Grebe

Reed Bunting

female Shoveler

Teal

Wigeon

Chaffinch

Common Gull

Gadwall

Rodley Nature Reserve 28/10/2018

3 comments:

  1. Lovely to see the Kingfisher, I was there yesterday too but there was no sign of one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Pam.
    A bit hit and miss with Kingfishers,my luck was in this weekend I'm sure your day will come, you just have to stick at it and in the meantime enjoy a wonderful Nature Reserve.
    Nigel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots of the Kingy Nigel, he seems to be doing a bit of posing for you.

    ReplyDelete