Wednesday 18 April 2018

Morning Tour

Wednesday 18th April a.m.
 A cloudy morning with a temperature of 14°C slowly warming up through the morning with some sunshine starting to appear late morning.
Harden Moor
I started off well seeing two Little Owls in one of their usual spots, then where I saw one last year a male Wheatear. There were eight Sand Martins and I had a count of five Willow Warblers.
Wheatear


Willow Warbler
Redcar Tarn
An unusual site of a Buzzard flying over here,Skylarks were up singing, a Redshank made an appearance as did Oystercatcher,Curlew and Lapwing.
Buzzard

Curlew
St Ives
My final stop of the morning where at the Coppice Pond there were three Mute Swans(Red 673Y), a Little Grebe and Coots with the first chicks I've seen this year.A Chiffchaff was in full voice and I spotted a Willow Warbler which was also singing.Others included GSW,Robin,Bullfinch,Tufted Duck and Moorhen.
Nigel.
Little Grebe


Mute Swans

Willow Warbler

Coot with chicks

Robin

St Ives, Coppice Pond 18/4/2018


No comments:

Post a Comment