Sunday 22 April 2018

Yeadon Tarn

Sunday 22nd April a.m.
The morning started well as when taking the dog for her walk I spotted the first returning House Martin flying over the houses in Cullingworth.
A bright sunny start with a temperature of 16°C on my arrival, when I got out of the car I was greeted with the sound of a Chiffchaff which I soon spotted.The Tarn held 25 Mute Swans, a male Shoveler and only four Tufteds. As I walked round I soon heard a couple of Willow Warblers again they were spotted and a couple of pictures taken. A Song Thrush was lurking among the bushes and walking round I spotted a good selection of other common species.
 On my way home I decided to stop off at Harden Moor and despite the black clouds looming have a look for one of my favourite returning migrant birds.It wasn't long before I heard it's distinctive call
Cuckoo, I tracked the sound and got the bird in a distant tree, the branches preventing a picture.By now it had started spitting so satisfied with seeing the Cuckoo I quickly headed to the car and off home before the rain started.
Nigel.
male Shoveler


Tufted Duck and Shoveler

Chiffchaff



Willow Warbler


Song Thrush

Yeadon Tarn 22/4/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment