Sunday 30 September 2018

Lister Park

Sunday 30th September a.m.
 A dull cloudy morning with a temperature of 10°C as I made my way to the Lake at Lister Park where the usual birds were present.This included c100 Canadas mainly feeding on the surrounding park grass,27 Tufteds,Mallards,Moorhen,Coots and BH Gulls.The walk higher in the park to the stream and gardens was proving very quiet with just Robins on show until I reached a spot where I could hear birds but not see any.I was able to follow a path behind the tree which proved to be a good move as a small stream also runs down here.I stood and watched for a while and then noticed birds coming to bathe here including Blue Tits,Gt Tits,LT Tits, Coal Tit,Goldfinch,Chaffinch and Song Thrush.Pictures proved difficult in poor light and overhanging vegetation, a Grey Wagtail also appeared then went to the main stream where I followed and was able to get some decent pictures in better light.It was good to see plenty of Cyclamen flowering brightening up the dull morning a couple of Nuthatch were also seen.
Nigel.
Grey Wagtail






Tufted Duck


BH Gull Juv


Blue Tit having a Bath

Canadas

Cyclamen

Grey Wagtail at Lister Park 30/9/2018

No comments:

Post a Comment