Saturday 13 July 2019

Local Reservoir

Saturday 13th July a.m.
 On my way home I called in at a Local Reservoir which BOG members have access to through the various locked gates.I started well with Goldfinch, Willow Warblers and a Linnet, then a few loud yapping calls got my attention and on the wall I saw a Green Woodpecker, the first for a while.Walking along the side of the reservoir it was good to bump in to CK who was on his way home, I carried on to the hide.
 From here I estimated around 300 LBB Gulls with a few Herring and BH in the mix, there were four Greylags, a Tufted had eight chicks and a pair of Canadas had four Goslings. A flock of ten Lapwings flew over and an Oystercatcher flew to the dam wall.On the way back I caught up with the Green Woodpecker again this time on a pole, others were Swift, Swallow and Red-legged Partridge.
Green Woodpecker



Greylags

LBB and BH Gulls

LBB and Herring Gulls

Linnet

Tufted with chicks

Canadas and Goslings

No comments:

Post a Comment