Saturday 28 March 2020

Hallas Bridge & Goit Stock Wood

Saturday 28th march a.m.
 A cloudy morning with some wind blowing making the 4°C temperature feel cold,  I took a different route for my exercise today heading down to Hallas Bridge and up the other side of the valley. From here I could see yesterdays route which was across Hewenden Viaduct and round the reservoir and below was Hallas Bridge and Goit Stock Wood with Cullingworth on the other side.
 Heading back down to Hallas Bridge there was a Grey Heron on a small pond catching fish and soon I heard a Chiffchaff which I finally saw high in a tree.
 I followed Hallas Beck upstream through the wood stopping to watch a noisy Nuthatch, which was soon joined by a Treecreeper and then a Gt Spotted Woodpecker. I then turned round and headed downstream towards the waterfall seeing a Grey Wagtail land on a stone in the beck. As I was taking some pictures of the waterfall I noticed a Dipper just in front of me joined by a second so I was able to get some pictures.
 Others seen were Chaffinch, Wren, Lapwing, Pheasant, Canadas and Goldfinch.
Dipper



Grey Heron


Grey Wagtail

GSW



Nuthatch

Treecreeper

Wren

Chaffinch

Hallas Bridge & Goit Stock Wood with Cullingworth in the background

Yesterdays route Hewenden Viaduct & Reservoir

Goit Stock Waterfall

Photo bombed by a Dipper, Goit Stock Waterfall 28/3/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment