Sunday 1 March 2020

Hewenden Reservoir

Sunday 1st March a.m.
 Another blustery day with cloud cover and some sunny spells, the temperature set off at 3°C as I set off for a walk around Hewenden Reservoir. When I got to the Great Northern Trail there were several Redwings in a nearby field and soon after I saw a Jay. When I reached the Viaduct it was good to see a couple of returning Oystercatchers at the side of the reservoir as were three Cormorants and c30 Canadas were at the top end.
 When I got to my viewing point near the top end of the Reservoir I could see two pair of Goldeneye, five Goosanders and ten Teal. Others seen on my way back were Herring GullCurlew, Goldfinch and Collared Dove.
Oystercatchers


Cormorants

Goldeneye



Goosander


Herring Gull

Teal


Goldfinch

Redwing

Teal at Hewenden Reservoir

Hewenden Reservoir 1/3/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment