Sunday 24 March 2019

Rodley Nature Reserve

Sunday 24th March a.m.
 With the sun out and warming up to 9°C I arrived at Rodley Nature Reserve, where I had a walk round visiting the hides and viewing screens.Not high numbers of birds but still there were Tufteds,
Gadwall, Canadas, Greylags, Grey Heron, Teal and Oystercatcher. It was again good to hear Chiffchaff and I saw a bird which wasn't singing but I think this early it was a Chiffchaff. Three Snipe flew from cover one landing on the opposite bank so I could get a picture.There was a flock of fifteen Linnets on the newly ploughed field and overhead a Red Kite drifted by.A walk to the River produced a Kingfisher flying past also seen were Goosander, Little Grebe and Gt Crested Grebe.
Oystercatcher


Red Kite

Snipe

Chiffchaff

Gadwall

Goosander


Grey Heron

Linnet

Little Grebe

Rodley NR 24/3/2019


No comments:

Post a Comment