Sunday 5 January 2020

Dowley Gap

Sunday 5th January a.m.
 A cloudy morning with spells of drizzle but a couple of brighter spells during the morning with a start temperature of 8°C. Another good start at Dowley Gap as I was greeted by a Song Thrush singing as I got out of the car. I headed for the Water Works where there were c50 BH Gulls, a Pheasant and the flock of Pied Wagtails had reached c100 birds. I carried on over the Aqueduct seeing LT Tit, Coal Tit and Nuthatch from this vantage point, a Goosander also flew overhead. The River Aire in Hirst Wood was quiet apart from a Grey Heron so I went back to the Water Works where I added Reed Bunting, Bullfinch, Robin and Dunnock before heading home.
Song Thrush

Grey Heron

LT Tit

Pied Wagtail



Reed Bunting

Nuthatch

Pheasant

some of the c100 Pied Wagtails

River Aire through Hirst Wood


Dowley Gap 5/1/2020

No comments:

Post a Comment